7326 Age Groups
- UYSA shall have competition age groups from under-9 (U-9) through under-19/20 (U-19/20).
- A Team shall be registered to the age group of its oldest player. In other words, a Team may not
play up in an age group older than the age group of its oldest player. Despite the foregoing, a
Team in the X-league whose oldest player is U-9 shall be allowed to play in the U-10 age group.
- A player’s age group is determined by the year the player was born.
- Playing Up
- A player in the U-15 age group or above may register to a Team competing in any higher age group.
- A player in the U-11 through U-14 age groups may register to a Team competing in an age group up to two (2) years higher.
- A player in the U-9 and U-10 age groups may register to a Team competing in an age group up to one (1) year higher.
- A player’s parent must consent to the player’s registering to a Team competing in a higher age group. Such consent is implied if the parent registers online, and no special form is required in such case.
- Play up exception: Players wishing to play up more than what is stated in Sections(s) 4b and 4c may do sunder the following guidelines/procedures.
(1) Player is in good standing.
(2) Recommendation from the Member Organization DOC, Technical Director or President. (3) Final Approval from the current UYSA President.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing guidelines, any player attending ninth grade or higher may participate on a high school provisional Team